WHAT IS BROW LAMINATION?
Brow lamination is essentially a perm done to your eyebrows to create a fuller, fluffier brow look. Similar to a lash lift and tint, it involves your brow technician applying two different solutions; the first is applied and used to manipulate the structure of your brow hairs. The second solution is used to neutralise the first one, and lock in the new brow shape that's been created.
Brow tint or dye can also be applied during this process to create a more dramatic, darker brow look. This is all done only by utilising your natural brow hairs, but that being said, this can be done on anyone with any type of brows. You do not need to already have big bushy brows to begin with, and in fact most clients with thin or sparse brows are pleasantly surprised at how full their brows become with a brow lamination. They can be made to be as full or as flat as you'd like; getting a brow lamination does not mean the finished result has to be huge, bushy brows. Brow laminations typically lasts 4-6 weeks depending on skin type and brow hair type.
HOW TO PREPARE FOR YOUR BROW LAMINATION APPOINTMENT:
- Shower and wash your hair (if need be) before appointment, as you won't be able to get your brows wet for 24 hours
- Remove any makeup and avoid skincare on brow area before coming to your appointment
- Temporarily trial a brow lam by using a strong hold brow gel or 'brow soap' to test the bushy brow look for yourself
- Prepare to see your brows at the fullest, bushiest state they've most likely ever been for the first 48 hours. They will begin to drop and tint/dye will fade slightly after this time, and become more 'natural' looking
BROW LAMINATION AFTERCARE:
- DO NOT get brows wet for 24 hours. This includes showering, steam, saunas and excessive perspiration
- DO NOT apply makeup or skincare on brows for 24 hours
- Avoid using oily skincare products on brows for 4-6 weeks
- DO NOT pick, pull at or rub your brows
- You MUST wait at least 6 weeks between getting brow laminations. During this time you may come back for a 'touch-up' or maintenance appointment, where we can wax and tint or dye the brows to freshen them up again
- Brush eyebrows out minimum twice a day. You cannot 'over brush' a brow lam, in fact the more you brush your brows up, the longer they will last. We especially recommend brushing them after getting them wet (after showering, washing face, swimming, etc.)
- Aftercare oil is available to purchase at your appointment to maintain and encourage good brow health and growth
SEE OUR 'GALLERY' FOR PHOTO REFERENCES