WHAT DOES A BROW WAX LOOK LIKE AT EDEN ISABEL?
At Eden Isabel, we use a gentle strip wax that's suitable for all skin types, including sensitive skin. We prep your skin with micellar water or a pre-wax solution, and in most cases will map the desired shape of your brows. We typically wax the top, bottom and middle of your brows, unless you tell us otherwise, and finish with a soothing after-wax, aloe vera solution. We may also have to pluck a few pesky brow hairs along the way. A brow wax can also be paired with a brow tint, dye or henna.
We will shape your brows to your desire and with your guidance. Usually for first timers, we will start small to avoid any drastic changes.
HOW TO PREPARE FOR YOUR BROW WAX APPOINTMENT:
- Avoid active ingredients such as AHA's, BHA's, glycolic acid, etc. in skin care for 7 days prior, this avoids skin thinning which can cause blisters, breakage and flaky skin
- Remove any makeup prior to coming to your appointment
- If you have previously taken accutane or similar medications, ensure you have waited 6 months to a year and gotten approval from your doctor
- DO NOT pick or pop any pimples around brow area in preparation for waxing
BROW WAX AFTERCARE:
- DO NOT touch waxed brow area with your hands. This can cause acne and infections
- Avoid rubbing or over washing the area for 24-48 hours to avoid irritation
- DO NOT apply makeup on the waxed area for 24 hours
- Avoid skin care products with active ingredients for 48 hours afterwards